Your representatives are your voice. They are the person to contact if you have a concern or issue that needs to be addressed. You'll also go through your representative to apply for funding.
- attend all meetings
- ensure that applications from his/her departments are complete prior to submission
- keep the graduate students in his/her department up to date on GSO matters, as well as university matters that pertain to or involve graduate students
- inform the GSO of the thoughts and concerns that students in his/her department may have
- be familiar with application procedures in order to assist students in the application process and to ensure that submitted applications meet all of the listed requirements
- supply GSO Applications to students in his/her department
- find a successor and ensure that they understand all of the above requirements
See more details here.