Research Equipment & Supplies ($160)
The GSO provides funding to help defray the cost of expenses directly related to thesis or dissertation research. This funding can also be used for:
1. Expenses directly related to thesis or dissertation research.
2. Project expenses incurred by those students in non-thesis degrees. Expenses must be related to a project that is a requirement for graduation. The term does not include research papers for courses (including independent study).
3. Funding for interlibrary loan requests limited to information needed for classes in a particular discipline or thesis research.
4. Expenses directly related to comprehensive exam preparation. This is to include testing fees and the purchase of texts for exam preparation. The applicant must also provide a document providing proof that the library does not carry these materials in any form (print or electronic).
If your funding request is approved, purchased items not consumed by the end of the semester must be surrendered to University laboratories or library.
If your request is for books, you must first verify that the items do not already appear in the holdings of the University Libraries.
Requirements for an application for Research Equipment & Supplies:
Completed GSO Application for Financial Support
- Letter from Funding Applicant (you) addressed to GSO, stating why you are applying for funding. See sample applicant letter for a Research Equipment & Supplist request. (save as PDF)
- Letter from Faculty Member (your Advisor, Graduate Coordinator, or Department Head) addressed to GSO, expressing faculty support of your application and why GSO should provide funding. This letter should be on University letterhead. (save as PDF)
- Itemized list of items to be purchased. This includes the name of the item, the quantity, the cost per item, the total cost of item(s), and the total cost of the order. (save as PDF)