Professional Development ($100)
The GSO considers applications for expenses directly related to a student's professional development. This funding can be used for:
1. Membership fees to professional organizations or societies
2. Professional certification or licensure exam fees. Exam must be related to thesis or dissertation research, be required for degree fulfillment or partial degree fulfillment, or provide demonstrated enrichment of a student’s degree program. Requests for a specific exam will be allowed only once during a student’s tenure in said graduate program. See the University's list of Licensure Programs for a non-exhaustive list of exams (by program) that GSO may consider for funding.
These applications will not be considered until the second meeting of the semester, and only after all other applications for travel and research funding have been heard.
Requirements for an application for Professional Development Costs:
Completed GSO Application for Financial Support
- Letter from Funding Applicant (you) addressed to GSO, stating why you are applying for funding. Coming soon: a sample applicant letter for a Professional Development Costs request. (save as PDF)
- Letter from Faculty Member (your Advisor, Graduate Coordinator, or Department Head) addressed to GSO, expressing faculty support of your application and why GSO should provide funding. This letter should be on University letterhead. (save as PDF)
- Itemized list of items to be purchased. This includes the name of the item, the quantity, the cost per item, the total cost of item(s), and the total cost of the order. (save as PDF)